Cairn: India's largest oil field shutdown
Cairn Oil & Gas, a vertical of Vedanta Limited, is the largest oil and gas exploration and production company in India. Cairn contributed ~25% to India's domestic crude oil production in financial year 2018-19. The Mangala field in Rajasthan, discovered in January 2004, was the largest onshore oil discovery in India in two decades. Mangala, Bhagyam and Aishwariya fields, the three major discoveries in the Rajasthan block, cumulatively have hydrocarbons reserves of approximately 2.2 billion barrels of oil equivalent.
Cairn's portfolio now adds up to ~65,000 square kilometers, paving way for the next wave of hydrocarbon explorations in the country.
MBA FIELD TURNAROUND/SHUTDOWN 2020
The TRITORC shutdown Scope of Work (SOW) involved a large number of such “Challenges”, in running plant and revamp plant but not limited to the following:
- Removal/ Shifting / Installation of 70+ Nos. NRV’s, Ball Valves, Butterfly Valves, Gate Valves.
- Cold Cutting and weld edge preparation works using TRITORC cold cutting machines of approx 300+ pipes.
- Controlled bolting using TRITORC torquing / tensioning equipments of over 1000+ bolted joints.
- Cleaning jobs of over 520+ filters/strainers fitted in the oil fields.
TRITORC prepared detailed Task Risk Assessment (TRA) for following activities so that each worker working on these activities can understand risks involved:
- Hot Bolting, Bolt Torquing / Tensioning (Hydraulic & Manual) activities
- Cold Cutting activities
- Valve Replacement Activities
- Dismantling and Modification; Rigging and Lifting activities
- Confined Space / Internal activities